Friday, August 04, 2006

the triumphant return of the
Question of the Day
About every 5 years or so someone declares that direct mail is finished, that consumers are turned off by it and the ROI is negligible. Yet like cockroaches, it never seems to die. What do you think? Is direct mail over with? What is your experience? Do you read “junk” mail? Do you or have you ever responded to an unsolicited ad or flier? What about emails? Are you more inclined to read “spam” than ads and fliers that come through snail mail?

2 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost never read junk mail. And I haven't responded to anything that came through snail mail in ages--since Ed McMahon used to sucker me into believing I would be a millionaire. I was young(er).
I am much more inclined to read spam that somehow oozes past my spam filter or other unsolicited ads that pop up or out or across my computer screen. Some of them are pretty crafty and show ingenuity in disguising themselves as things other than ads. This amuses me! And I have often "clicked" it and gone to their website. Good little sheep that I am. Baaaah.

 
At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am much more likely to look at postal junk mail than e-mail. It's so easy to hit delete when the subject or sender reeks of spam. To toss an envelope or postcard you still have to handle the piece.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home